STFD is among quality services providers for transmission line survey companies in India.
Surveying is an important aspect of transmission line due to the following:
The objective is to optimize the cost of transmission line based on following considerations:
- Shortest route clearing various objects
- Minimum number of river crossing towers
- Accessibility i.e from approachability for construction as well as from law and order point of view.
- Selection of optimum foundations based on following information
- Type of soil
- Type of terrain: Benching and rivetment requirements, requirements of leg extensions
- Loose hills especially in young Himalayan region, areas prone to landslides
- Area of submergence as well as prone to river meandering
It helps in ensuring the statutory clearances with respect to following:
- Power line crossings, Railway crossings, road crossings etc.
- Clearances from habitation
- Environmental clearances
- Minimum forests, minimum forests density
- Historically important areas and monuments
- National Parks and wild life sanctuaries
The surveys to collect the above information are carried out progressively at different stages of the project due to various reasons.